The Irish Mining and Quarrying Society is a small voluntary, membership-funded, non-profit-making organisation which was founded in 1958 to provide a focal point for all those working in the extractive industry in Ireland.
Our aim is to promote, safeguard and represent the natural resources and extractive industries. The membership is drawn from individuals and companies across all sectors of the industry, ranging from exploration geologists to equipment suppliers. This website has been developed to provide an online resource for members and other stakeholders.
- To unite and encourage communication between persons, companies and organisations involved in the above work.
- To establish contact and to co-operate fully with other organisations connected with or interested in the natural resource industries of Ireland.
- To foster the discovery, development, processing and marketing of the mineral and other geological natural resources of Ireland in an environmentally compatible manner.
- To encourage and assist scientific and technological research and education in connection with the natural resource industries of Ireland.
- To maintain a high standard of conduct, to combat unfair practices and to encourage efficiency in those industries.